Aluminum siding can be a maintenance nightmare. Not only is it a popular exterior coating for houses, but rain and snow quickly discolor and chip it. That's where a pressure washer comes in handy: by blasting the siding with high-pressure water, you can easily clean and restore it to its former glory. Here's how to do it:
1. Decide on the area you want to clean. For small areas, such as around windows or doors, use a garden hose or bucket and soapy water. For larger areas, like the entire siding, use a pressure washer.
2. Before starting the pressure washing, make sure all of the area's wires and pipes are covered so they don't get squished.
3. Start the engine of your pressure washer and attach the appropriate nozzle (round for small areas, Spray-nozzle for large areas).
4. Raise the temperature setting on your pressure washer to its highest setting and connect the hoses to the appropriate faucet(s).
5. Carefully line up the nozzle on top of the aluminum siding and pull the trigger to start spraying water at full power.6. Keep moving around the area so that all parts of the
Can You Power Wash Painted Aluminum Siding?
Are you looking for a way to clean your painted aluminum siding?
Although it is not recommended to power wash aluminum, there are a few ways you can do it yourself.
One method is to use a pressure washer with a generous amount of water. Be sure to wear rubber gloves and eye protection.
Start from the bottom of the siding and work your way up. If the paint is particularly dirty, you may need to use a chemical cleaner beforehand.
Work the cleaner into the paint with a stiff brush, then rinse off the siding and wait for it to completely dry.
If power washing isn’t an option, another option is using a homemade all-purpose cleaning solution made of one part ammonia and two parts water.
Mix the solution in a spray bottle and spray it on the area being cleaned.
For stubborn dirt, scrub with a scrub brush before rinsing off the surface.
How To Clean Aluminium Siding With A Pressure Washer FAQs
Can I pressure wash aluminum siding?
However, before you start washing your siding, be sure to read the Safety Instructions that come with your manufacturer’s power washer.
In general, homeowners should avoid using any type of water spray above 300 psi on their aluminum siding as this can damage the material.