- The grow light you choose can have a significant impact on the speed of your growth and the energy you use getting there. There are hundreds of grow lights on the market with a considerable variety of wattages, yields and light spectrum. Of course cost varies as well. We’ve taken the guess work out of choosing the best LED grow light for you, with our review of the best grow lights in 2019.
Best LED Grow Lights Reviews
1. King Plus 1200W LED Full Spectrum Grow Light
Up first on our list of top LED grow lights reviews, King Plus lights. They are a relative newcomer to the LED grow light scene, but their best indoor grow lights products have consistently been reviewed well ssince they hit the market. The King Plus 1200W LED is a light you seriously should keep an eye on. These LEDs can cover an area between eight to ten square feet. The main body of the light is composed of 120 10W dual LED chips which provide a more bright, dense and highly concentrated light. This means these lights have a higher rate of penetration and offers great photosynthetically available radiation (PAR) to cannabis plants encouraging their growth and increased potency, especially drung the flowering stage.
Since this is a full-spectrum adjustable height, LED grow light, it is very similar to daylight and offers the same spectrum of bands, including visible light and also UV and IR to meet the needs of the plant at all stages of its growth cycle.
King Plus 1200W LEDs have a heat sink and four fans to evenly distribute heat, and the lights are separated to prevent overheating. Most of the energy generated by these lights will be absorbed by the plant with very little waste heating to vent out. The average power consumption of this lamp amounts to 340W, making it extremely energy efficient for how much light it puts out.
The lamp is also really a breeze to install, perfect for novice growers. It comes with all the hangers, cords and carabiners included in the package, so you don’t have to stop midway in the installation because you don’t have the right size carabiner. These lights are rated for all uses, including greenhouses, indoor grow rooms or tents, so no matter what your operation looks like, this light is versatile to meet your needs. It also has well-balanced red blue ratio for optimal growth conditions.
If you’re looking for lights that are affordable and has a great balance of lumens to PAR, this should be high on your list of contenders. The only drawback is the reliability of the brand. Since they’re a newcomer, they don’t have the brand recognition of something like BESTVA, and it’s uncertain how long the lifespan of the grow light is.
2. VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W Best LED Grow Lights
VIPARSPECTRA has been putting out a great series of LEDs with their Reflector series aimed at a beginner grower that wants simple, yet effective full-spectrum lights at an affordable price. Apart from the 450W model, there is also a 600W and 300W model that use the same reflector technologies but have higher light intensities due to the higher wattage.
The main advantage of this light is that it is full-spectrum and uses reflector design to increase light intensity without adding extra power draw, making it efficient without sacrificing PAR or lumens. Each diode is surrounded by reflectors that reflect light that would otherwise just shine on the lamp. Since each diode is arranged evenly and the arrangement is symmetrical, this means that the reflections are appropriately distributed and create a higher intensity light throughout the coverage of the lamp.
The full-spectrum means that it’s the perfect light for any stage of the cannabis plant’s life cycle, from germination to the flowering stage. The UV and IR bands are produced by an optical lens in the light, concentrating them and increasing PARs to cannabis plants.
A huge advantage of LEDs is that they are much more efficient than other lights, like HPS lamps. The draw on the 450W is 200W, less than half of the draw of an MH HID wattage equivalent light would consume. This means that not only do you save a few bucks; the lights last longer due to less wear and tear from the higher power draw.
Despite being affordable, the VIPARSPECTRA LEDs come with a timer that can be set between veg and bloom modes, so you don’t have to set your alarm clock to turn your lights on and off. The lamp is relatively easy to install and is compact enough to be used in any small grow rooms or in grow tents. If you’re a beginner looking for a simple, no-frills light that is backed by a three-year warranty, this may be the light for you.
3. BESTVA DC Model 2000W LED Grow Full Spectrum Grow Light Lamp
BESTVA LEDs are currently one of the most popular grow light brands due to its great value for money and a stellar reputation. All the LED lights made by BESTVA are high-quality, with plenty of research in their design to deliver the highest PAR and coverage possible. The BESTVA 2000W LED lights are a leader in the 2000W category and is ideal for a beginner and experienced grower alike. The main benefits of these LEDs are its spectrum, coverage, power usage, and value for money.
This adjustable light is constructed out of 200 10W dual LED chips that offer a full-spectrum high-intensity light. The full-spectrum includes IR and UV wavelengths, which encourage growth at various stages in its life cycle. The array of LEDs offers one of the best coverage areas with a light this size, meaning you can grow more plants than you would with other, similar grow lights.
This LED grow light features an aluminum cooling system with multiple cooling fans. The fans move the heat up into the aluminum heatsink that then dissipates the heat, ensuring an even and consistent temperature in the grow tent or room to aid in optimal plant growth.
LED lights are known for their efficiency, and the BESTVA 2000W grow light isn’t any different. The actual power draw for this LED grow light is only 390W while offering excellent PAR values and light intensity. For comparison, the 2000W best LED grow light would replace a 1400W HPS lamp and has much lower power usage.
To put it simply, if you’re a beginner looking for a high-quality LED grow light from a reputable company, this may be the ideal light for you. It’s easy to install, has full-spectrum grow lights with IR and UV for optimal plant growth, and offers excellent power usage. It’s the best value for money, and you’ll definitely get your money’s worth.
4. VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series 300W LED Grow Light
When you first start with growing marijuana, you may be put off by the idea of LED lights, since in general, LED is so much more expensive than HLS lights, but in the long run, you’ll save plenty of money thanks to lower total power draw and more reliable, longer-lasting lights. LED grow lights can last up to 100,000 hours of usage time, which translates into a couple of years full-time growing.
The VIPARSPECTRA 300W LED grow light is part of this LED from VIPARSPECTRA that uses innovating reflection technology to ensure even light distribution and higher intensity for a low wattage grow light.
The 300W version of this LED grow light consumes only 136W and has excellent cooling capability due to its large cooling fans and aluminum heatsink which dissipates heat and allows for consistent temperatures in the grow tent or grow room.
As with all the other LED lights we review, the VIPARSPECTRA 300W grow light is full-spectrum, providing ideal LED light for all plants at all growth cycles. The Reflector series is mainly known for their even light coverage, which is essential for preventing hot spots and dark zones that result in inconsistent growth patterns in your crop and may even burn your plants. The coverage of this growing light is enough to reliably provide light for three plants, or four if you’re willing to add extra light during the flowering phase.
Installation and use of this grow light are incredibly easy. The package comes with a hanging cord, and everything you need to install the light in a grow tent or grow room. This setup also has daisy-chain functionality if you want to expand your lighting options further down the line without buying a single, larger light.
Overall, the VIPARSPECTRA 300W best led grow light is an excellent choice for beginners with little space. The full-spectrum light ensures even coverage which will promote consistent growth in your plants, with the option to extend the light further in a daisy-chain when you decide to expand the number of plants you’re growing.
5. Roleadro GalaxyHydro Series 1000W Indoor Plant Grow Lights
The Roleadro 1000W light is an affordable indoor option for growers in the 1000W range from a reputable manufacturer. It’s durable and has a large coverage area that’s perfect for growing many plants with minimal fuss.
The indoor light has a full-spectrum range, including UV and IR, which is perfect for plants at all stages. We’ve talked about the necessity of having a full spectrum before, but it’s vital to get a light that is full-spectrum to prevent problems or bacterial infections. The GalaxyHydro series also takes into account the ratio of blue to red light, which encourages promotes good color and health in the plants.
As you can imagine, 1000W of light will produce quite a bit of heat, but the Roleadro indoor light comes with high-speed cooling fans linked to an aluminum heat sink and internal temperature controller. The heat sink will dissipate the heat from the light, and the temperature controller ensures that the temperature remains constant and will shut off in the event of overheating.
The power-efficiency of the Roleadro 1000W is impressive, even for an LED light. The entire unit consumes just 132W of energy, compared to competitors that use between 165 – 185W. This wattage adds up to considerable savings in the long-run and will expand the lifetime of the light unit as well.
There are some compromises to be made with the Roleadro HydroGalaxy since you can’t get everything you want at such a low price. There is no daisy-chain functionality, so if you expand your production at some point, you’ll have to buy a bigger light. It also lacks dual-mode switches, so you’ll have to change the height of the lamp manually during different growing phases.
Things to Look for Before Buying Best LED Grow Lights Top Model
When looking for the best led grow lights for your marijuana, there are a couple of factors that you need to keep in mind. You should try to fully understand your needs for growing cannabis, and how these lights can meet those needs. Then you’ll be able to choose an LED light that works best for your particular growing situation.
- Budget: Obviously cost is going to factor into your choice. If you’re just starting, buy a cheaper option that will get the job done. If you’re more experienced and have started optimizing your operation, get the highest quality option you can afford.
- Full spectrum: Spectrum refers to the wavelengths of light the grow light emits. A plant not only needs visible light, but also ultraviolet and infrared lights at specific parts of their development to ensure the biggest yields. Ideally, you want lights that mimic the spectrum emitted by the sun as much as possible. Most LEDs emit a full spectrum, but lower quality ones may not. Make sure the light you’re buying doesn’t just do visible light, but UV and IR also, with a well-balanced blue to red ratio. If you’re looking to grow plants that are healthy and grow them fast, you need full-spectrum lights.
- Spacing: Each light will have a certain range of space it can cover, and it’s crucial for you to know what that range is since all your plants need to get full light, all the time. When calculating this, you need to take the dimensions of your grow space into account, along with how many plants you can fit in that space.
- Efficiency: You want to check the market for lights that will use as little power as possible while plants grow still, but will still operate at full capacity. The lower the power draw, the longer the light will last, and the less you’ll spend on electricity. When calculating the lifespan of your best LED grow lights, remember that it will be on for extended periods, especially during the veg cycle and seed starting.
- Light control: Amount of LED lighting for your plants will vary based on where in the grow cycle they are. For instance, plants in the veg (growing) state are typically given 18 hours of LED light per day, while flowering plants need closer to 12hours of LED lighting. While you can get away with manually turning the LED lights on and off, being able to set the time with a timer makes your life a lot easier.
In Conclusion – Led Grow light
Grow lights can have a huge impact on the quality of your weed and the health of your plants. By choosing one of the top Best LED grow lights from our list of reviews, you can ensure that you get a lot of consistent, high quality results with power-efficient, reliable grow lamps.